We care about our own privacy online and we will fiercely protect yours too.
While we do occasionally collect information about our readers, we only ever do this for two reasons:
- To help us to improve the content of The Prodigal Guide to better suit you; and
- To provide aggregated – and always anonymous – details about our readers to prospective patrons and advertisers. This might involve showing them how many hits The Prodigal Guide generates, what the average demographic of a reader is or the geographical spread of our readership. When we collect registration information from an individual, such as Prodigal Quarterly subscriptions or applications for competitions, we will never share that individual’s information with a third party, including a patron, without that reader’s explicit permission or unless stated clearly in the promotional text.
You can rest assured that:
- You will never receive unsolicited marketing mail from The Prodigal Guide or from any third parties associated with us, unless you have agreed to this. We may, however, mail you occasionally with information about the site itself.
- We will never pass on any of your details (including your email address) to any third party unless we have your prior consent.
- We will only share anonymous aggregated statistics about our users, sales and traffic patterns with our patrons and advertisers.